What do you do if you are a garment worker or activist and your rights are being violated and you are unable to resolve the abuse? You can then ring the bell with a local organisation at the worldwide network of Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC). The CCC network then checks whether an Urgent Appeal can be made. We then do everything we can to support the garment workers or activists, together with local organisations in the country where the violation takes place, and activists and organisations all over the world. Below you can read seven extraordinary stories from brave activists from 2021.
- Workers at the Pou Chen Factory in Myanmar
- Workers at the Jaba Garmindo Factory in Indonesia
- Workers at the Violet Apparel Factory in Cambodia
- Workers at Next Manufacturing Ltd (NML) in Sri Lanka
- Trade Unionist Daw Myo Aye in Myanmar (Burma)
- Workers at the Kanlayanee Factory in Thailand
- Angelica Manole at the Tanex Factory in Romania