We believe change starts with collective action. The Clean Clothes Campaign East Asia Coalition (CCCEA) shares the vision and mission of the Clean Clothes Campaign Network, and seeks to implement it in the region of East Asia.
The CCC Network’s vision is that all people working in the global garment and sportswear industries enjoy and exercise their labour and human rights at work and in the community, and are able to defend and improve the implementation of those rights.
The Clean Clothes Campaign Network works to structurally improve working conditions and support the empowerment of manufacturing workers in global garment and sportswear supply chains so that governments protect employment rights and human rights, companies respect these rights and workers have access to remedy for violations of these rights. To achieve our vision, we:
- Work in solidarity with workers, trade unions, civil society and labour rights organisations throughout global garment and sportswear supply chains;
- Lobby and advocate for governments to strengthen and implement legislation, regulation and judicial mechanisms to uphold workers’ rights;
- Put pressure on companies to respect workers’ rights and use responsible purchasing practices;
- Take up specific cases of violations of the rights of workers and activists in support of workers’ demands upon their request, and integrate learning from these cases into our strategy;
- Raise awareness, campaign and mobilise people to undertake individual and collective action linked to their role as consumers, citizens, investors, workers or in other areas of life;
- Use judicial mechanisms, lobby for legislation and regulation and call for binding mechanisms for corporate accountability to protect workers’ rights;
- Promote public and private procurement that ensures workers’ rights are respected;
- Work together to strengthen the CCC Network;
- Develop alliances, including those with workers throughout the global garment and sportswear supply chain, to transform the business model and strengthen the global movement for workers’ rights, human rights and gender, economic, social and environmental justice.